[Xapian-discuss] Offline documentation.

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Sep 17 15:40:23 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 03:22:21PM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> The cleanest way of doing this will be to start at
> <http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/TitleIndex> and restrict the recursion
> depth to 1 (since that page lists all the pages in the system).
>
> Shouldn't take all that long to download. Something like the following
> should do:
>
> wget -r -l 1 -I wiki http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/TitleIndex

I think it would be prudent to add --wait=60 or similar - it seems trac
can get a bit sulky if it gets hit with a lot of overlapping requests,
as is likely if wget is banging them in back-to-back (since any other
requests it gets will then be overlapping...)

Perhaps we should run such a job periodically and provide a tarball if
this is likely to be of wider interest.