[Xapian-discuss] Offline documentation.

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Sep 17 15:42:22 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 03:40:23PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:

> > The cleanest way of doing this will be to start at
> > <http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/TitleIndex> and restrict the recursion
> > depth to 1 (since that page lists all the pages in the system).
> >
> > Shouldn't take all that long to download. Something like the following
> > should do:
> >
> > wget -r -l 1 -I wiki http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/TitleIndex
>
> I think it would be prudent to add --wait=60 or similar - it seems trac
> can get a bit sulky if it gets hit with a lot of overlapping requests,
> as is likely if wget is banging them in back-to-back (since any other
> requests it gets will then be overlapping...)

I was originally going to do this, but I ran it without wait and it
didn't seem to do much to our load. -w 1 would probably be more than
enough if that's a significant concern, though.

> Perhaps we should run such a job periodically and provide a tarball if
> this is likely to be of wider interest.

It would, but we probably want to frob the output. In particular,
renaming the files so they're .html would possibly make life easier
for some people; including support files (stylesheet, for instance)
might help as well.

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org