[Xapian-discuss] No position.{DB,baseA,baseB}

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Aug 16 09:09:50 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 04:58:55PM +1000, Richard Heycock wrote:
> I'm using version 1.2.0 with the ruby bindings and database type is
> chert.
>
> I just ran xapian-check on the index and it came back with:
>
>   position:
>   Lazily created, and not yet used.
>
> Which I guess answers my immediate question but when is the positionlist
> created and more to the point why is it not being created.

The position table is only created if you index with positional data.
It is created when you first index some.  This applies to both flint and
chert and this feature was added in 1.0.2 (so more than three years ago).

So it sounds like you aren't indexing with positional data, though it's
hard to know why that might be from the given information.  I don't
think anything has changed in that regard since 1.0.2.