[Xapian-discuss] No position.{DB,baseA,baseB}

Richard Heycock rgh at topikality.com
Mon Aug 16 10:50:33 BST 2010

Excerpts from Olly Betts's message of 2010-08-16 18:09:50 +1000:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 04:58:55PM +1000, Richard Heycock wrote:
> > I'm using version 1.2.0 with the ruby bindings and database type is
> > chert.
> >
> > I just ran xapian-check on the index and it came back with:
> >
> >   position:
> >   Lazily created, and not yet used.
> >
> > Which I guess answers my immediate question but when is the positionlist
> > created and more to the point why is it not being created.
>
> The position table is only created if you index with positional data.
> It is created when you first index some.  This applies to both flint and
> chert and this feature was added in 1.0.2 (so more than three years ago).

Ok.

I'm looking at the API docs and I see that there is a method called
TermGenerator::index_text_without_positions is this what you mean when
you say "index with positional data"?

Assuming that it is, I'm using TermGenerator::index_text. Is there some
thing else that could be causing this?

That does explain why my phrase query is giving poor results though!

rgh

--
Richard Heycock

http://topikality.com