[Xapian-discuss] Partial search on prefixed data

Sean McCleary sean.mccleary at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 16:31:01 BST 2010

You guessed my problem.  Sorry; I don't feel too smart now.  :)

One more question: Is there no way to combine FLAG_PARTIAL and FLAG_PHRASE?

In this same auto-complete, let's say I have two possible results:

The Difference Engine
A World of Difference

When I type in "difference engine" _not_ as a phrase, then I get both of
those in my results.

But if I do it as a phrase, it only seems to search whole words, so having
entered "difference en" in the field gives me no results, even if
FLAG_PARTIAL is turned on.  Do these two flags not work together?

Thanks a lot,

Sean