[Xapian-discuss] Partial search on prefixed data

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Aug 29 13:26:25 BST 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 01:49:33AM +0200, Sean McCleary wrote:
> However, FLAG_PARTIAL doesn't seem to work when searching with a prefix.  It
> _does_ work when I remove the prefix, but then of course I don't get the
> results that I'm after.
>
> Is this the desired behavior? If so, is there a way to do what I'm after?
> Google and the docs haven't contained the answer for me thus far...

There's test coverage for this case in queryparsertest, testcase
qp_flag_partial1:

http://trac.xapian.org/browser/trunk/xapian-core/tests/queryparsertest.cc#L929

So it works in C++ (at least in a number of cases), and it seems unlikely this
would be broken in the PHP wrappers.

The only thing I can think of is if "name" is a boolean prefix perhaps?
That's not supported with FLAG_PARTIAL (at least not currently).

If it isn't that, can you show an actual testcase?