[Xapian-discuss] Can be Xapian used to perform standard SQL statements?

David G Ortega g.ortega.david at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 10:56:05 GMT 2010

Hi Olly,

thanks for the answer. Probably I have not been clear in my question. I know
that Xapian is not  a database. In the features says
 "You can also index data from any SQL or other RDBMS supported by the Perl
DBI module <http://dbi.perl.org/>. That includes MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite,
Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, LDAP, and ODBC"

I undestand that Xapian can connect to those databases throught the Perl DBI
module. The question is can I perform regular SQL statements using xapian?
similar than this?

QString sql = "INSERT INTO table (column1) VALUES (value1)";
Xapian::Query query = ...

and do an statement.

Thanks

--