[Xapian-discuss] upgraded 1.0.19 to 1.2.0 - indexing seems to be getting stuck

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 2 03:23:33 BST 2010

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 06:14:07PM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
> Today I upgraded to 1.2.0 - and my indexing jobs are now getting hung
> up.  They appear to be waiting on a futex.  Not everyone, but every now
> and then.  I'll try to get some diagnostics.

Some more details would be useful too - you don't even mention the OS or
language you're using (though I guess Linux if you have futexes).  If
you can, attach gdb to the stuck process and get a backtrace (bt).

I've not seen anything like this myself.  We don't directly use futexes
or threading on Unix platforms, so it's not obvious where to look without
more information.