[Xapian-discuss] Xapian for mailman

Cédric Jeanneret cedric.jeanneret at camptocamp.com
Tue Mar 16 14:10:36 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Michel Pelletier
<pelletier.michel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since most people on this list are unlikely to be very familiar with
> Mailman, this might be a question better asked on the mailman list.
> As far as anything "special" i do not think so, you will likely need
> to hook into the archiver and index mail with the xapian python
> bindings as it's being archived, possibly also needing to do language
> detection (which mailman has good support for).  Unfortunately I have
> no experience with the internals of mailman, but I do know the
> developers are friendly and responsive, you should have no problem
> getting more solid information from them.
>
> -Mike
>
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:22 AM, Cedric Jeanneret
> <cedric.jeanneret at camptocamp.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm wondering if there's a special thing to do to index mailman content, per queue. Our aim is to centralize our searchengine (for now, it works on a large fileserver, an RT system [request tracker] and on moinmoin wikis).
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> C.
>>
>> --
>> Cédric Jeanneret                 |  System Administrator
>> 021 619 10 32                    |  Camptocamp SA
>> cedric.jeanneret at camptocamp.com  |  PSE-A / EPFL

Hello again,

I've created an indexer for mailman stuff, using xappy. Mark Sapiro
(from mailman) has helped me, and has added some documentation on
mailman FAQ. You can find my code here :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/531942
The last file does all ;).

Feel free to use it and comment it out if you think I've done things
wrong in the xapian part.

Best regards,

C.