[Xapian-discuss] xapian-tcpsrv php in real fastcgi loop

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Mar 25 14:59:50 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 02:53:21PM +0100, Martin Regner wrote:
> Do i have to reindex all the stuff after upgrading to 1.1.4? I tested it on
> the devserver without doing so and had no issues so far (but you never know).

If you're using the default "flint" backend in 1.0.x, then that will work
fine with 1.1.x and (once released) 1.2.x.  But as of 1.1.4, the default
backend is now chert, which is generally smaller and faster and has more
features.  Flint will be removed in the next development series (1.3.x).

So there's no urgent need to migrate, but you might want to anyway.  You
can either reindex from your source data, or convert an existing database
as described here:

http://trac.xapian.org/browser/trunk/xapian-core/docs/admin_notes.rst#converting-a-flint-database-to-a-chert-database