[Xapian-discuss] Influence of Google PageRank of a page on other pages of same site

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Nov 19 01:22:34 GMT 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 03:52:53PM +0200, Henry C. wrote:
> I know this is the wrong forum for this kind of question and is only
> ephemerally related to xapian, but maybe someone here knows and will save me
> some digging.

Are you aware there's a published paper describing pagerank in detail?

http://infolab.stanford.edu/~backrub/google.html

However, I doubt Google's ranking is based on pagerank at all by now.
I'm sure they still perform link analysis in some form, but it's bound
to have evolved significantly since pagerank - SEOs have long since
learned how to thoroughly game pagerank itself.