[Xapian-discuss] FIXMEs in Search::Xapian

Tim Brody tdb2 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Sep 10 17:12:10 BST 2010

On Sun, 2010-09-05 at 15:57 +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 05:55:41PM +0100, Tim Brody wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 11:49 +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> > > These were done for GSoC last year by Kosei Moriyama on a branch.  He
> > > expressed interest in doing the merging and integration work himself,
> > > but I think he's been busy with his academic work since.  I've Cc:-ed
> > > him on this mail in case he wants to get involved.
> > >
> > > I've just performed a merge from current trunk to the branch, which was
> > > pretty painless, and the tests all still pass, so I've committed that.
> >
> > I'll admit to being totally lost in the SWIG bindings.
>
> Conceptually, it's pretty easy - it just generates XS stuff by parsing the
> C++ headers and using rules called "typemaps" (some are built-in, some are
> custom).

Could you add this to HACKING:
autoreconf --force; automake --add-missing && autoreconf --force
&& ./configure --with-perl --enable-maintainer-mode

Which are the steps necessary to build the perl bindings from an SVN
checkout. Might save someone else a few hours of head-scratching :-)

How do you build a distributable tarball from the SWIG bindings?
(Or .rpm)

/Tim.