[Xapian-discuss] FIXMEs in Search::Xapian

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Sep 10 20:50:44 BST 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 05:12:10PM +0100, Tim Brody wrote:
> Could you add this to HACKING:
> autoreconf --force; automake --add-missing && autoreconf --force
> && ./configure --with-perl --enable-maintainer-mode
>
> Which are the steps necessary to build the perl bindings from an SVN
> checkout. Might save someone else a few hours of head-scratching :-)

If you run the top level bootstrap script in a checked out tree, then you just
need to run configure --with-perl (just adding it when you run the top-level
configure is simplest - other modules will ignore it with a warning).

HACKING already documents using bootstrap.

I'll add a note about perl not being auto-enabled currently.

> How do you build a distributable tarball from the SWIG bindings?
> (Or .rpm)

make dist

Or you can use the ones here if you want trunk as in SVN:

http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/trunk/