[Xapian-discuss] Xapian docs

Dan Colish dcolish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:08:03 BST 2011

On Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 7:57 AM, Richard Boulton wrote:
FWIW - I'm very in favour of improving the overview data. As ever,
> time has been the issue.
>
> I experimented with trying to write a manual last year, which went
> well for a few weeks, but I then . Perhaps if there is interest, we
> could put together a list of things to be written about, and try and
> write and edit one section of documentation collaboratively each week.
>  I'm not sure what the best ways to write documentation
> collaboratively are, but I'm open to suggestions.

I've begun work on the documentation, but I have not made many copy changes yet. Mostly I am concentrating on styling and portability. The results so far are that sphinx is used to generate the rst documentation and all html docs have been converted. The code is available here: https://github.com/dcolish/xapian/tree/docs/xapian-core/docs. Sphinx is easily installed using pip.

I'm also trying out hosting on readthedocs.org for Xapian. Feedback is welcome: http://xapian.rtfd.org

--Dan