[Xapian-discuss] Writing a Quick Start Guide to Xapian

Charlie Hull charlie at juggler.net
Tue Aug 2 09:56:01 BST 2011

On 02/08/2011 07:01, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:53:45AM +0100, Justin Finkelstein wrote:
>> I can make myself available for that week and I'd certainly be
>> interested; the only catch is that I'm based in London.
>
> I've not seen anything indicating how the funding of travel costs is
> going to work.  My *guess* is they aren't sure how many people will be
> seeking travel funding and from where, and so we'll have a better idea
> of how this will work once they've got all the applications in.
>
> If we got chosen, but there was a shortfall in travel funding, we can
>see if we can find sponsorship to cover the difference.

I don't think any of the Flax team can make it unfortunately (October is
a busy month, we're speaking at both the Lucene Eurocon and Enterprise
Search Europe (where you'll be glad to know I've been asked to review
papers on open source search - which is now a major component of the
event)).

However we're happy to be considered as sponsors for others attending
DocCamp if this is needed, and we can also review and feed back on any
documentation generated.

Cheers

Charlie