[Xapian-discuss] Faceting article

Andrew Betts andrew.betts at assanka.net
Wed Feb 16 10:42:26 GMT 2011

Hi,

I've been involved in developing a fairly complex site at
http://tilt.ft.com recently, and have acquired an unhealthy interest in
faceting.  I couldn't find any good non-academic guides to faceting
strategy on the web, so I thought I'd have a stab at writing one.

I'm not completely happy with it, but it's been sitting in my drafts for
long enough that I thought it worth at least putting it out there and
seeing if anyone wants to give any feedback on it.

http://assanka.net/content/tech/2010/11/16/faceted-search-choosing-good-facet-suggestions/

Any suggestions for improvements/corrections very gratefully received.

Cheers,

Andrew