[Xapian-discuss] collapsing by a key in a compound database

Evgeny Sizikov eugene at 223-223.ru
Tue Feb 22 18:14:33 GMT 2011

Hello all.

I have a problem with collapsing by a key in a compound database. I have
2 databases (e.g. clients and client branches), both of them have the
same attribute (with the same valueno), `client_id'.

What I need is to search in both these databases and collapse results by
`client_id' to get client IDs (set_collapse_key is used with
collapse_max=1).

The problem is that I receive 2 equal `client_id' values in the MSet
(one per database?).

Is it possible to get unique collapsed values when searching in a
compound database?