[Xapian-discuss] collapsing by a key in a compound database

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Feb 23 03:23:47 GMT 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 12:14:33AM +0600, Evgeny Sizikov wrote:
> I have a problem with collapsing by a key in a compound database. I have
> 2 databases (e.g. clients and client branches), both of them have the
> same attribute (with the same valueno), `client_id'.
>
> What I need is to search in both these databases and collapse results by
> `client_id' to get client IDs (set_collapse_key is used with
> collapse_max=1).
>
> The problem is that I receive 2 equal `client_id' values in the MSet
> (one per database?).
>
> Is it possible to get unique collapsed values when searching in a
> compound database?

It shouldn't make a difference how many databases there are.

Are you sure the client_id values are completely identical byte for
byte?  No whitespace differences, nor differences in how accents are
encoded, etc.

If there really are exactly identical, a testcase would be useful.
Ideally self-contained and small enough to copy around easily.