[Xapian-discuss] Revision: 15699: $tg->index_text ($text, $weight) fails with "No matching function for overloaded 'TermGenerator_index_text'"

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jun 21 05:23:23 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 04:30:58PM +0200, Henry C. wrote:
> I've been out of touch recently, so perhaps I've missed something (the last
> time I checked the svn pulse the Perl code was under search-xapian/ - looks
> like things have moved to swig).

Yes, trunk is now heading for a new development series (1.3.x) and as
part of that we've dropped the XS Search::Xapian from it in favour of
the SWIG generated version.  This seems a good time to push for a
migration, and the XS version would have needed work for changes in
xapian-core (removal of some deprecated features).

So now is a good time to test the SWIG version and report issues.  This
has the known issues:

http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/523

> The latest trunk (revision 15699) has a problem with Perl:
>
> $tg->index_text ($text, $weight);
>
> It fails with "No matching function for overloaded 'TermGenerator_index_text'..."

I just added a couple of testcases to t/termgenerator.t which still
passes - these work for me:

$termgen->index_text('foo bar baz foo', 4);
$termgen->index_text_without_positions('baz zoo', 42);

What exactly are you passing for $text and $weight?