[Xapian-discuss] omindex killed

Chris Purves chris at northfolk.ca
Sat Dec 29 23:22:29 GMT 2012

On 29/12/2012 2:43 PM, Jim Lynch wrote:
> On 12/29/2012 11:35 AM, Chris Purves wrote:
>> I have 2 GB of RAM and 1 GB of swap.  The RAM is mostly accessible
>> when I begin (1.7 GB).  The problem directory contains many about 400
>> sub-directories with very large text files ~ 2.5 MB.
>>
> I just realized that the default (I think) is 10000, so try something
> smaller.  Maybe start at 1000 and work up.
> export XAPIAN_FLUSH_THRESHOLD=1000

I have to set it to a ridiculously low value XAPIAN_FLUSH_THRESHOLD=30;
however, once it has completed I can run again at the default value and
the already indexed files are skipped, so that should work alright.

--
Chris Purves
Visit my blog: http://chris.northfolk.ca

"The idea is to zap them with lasers and see how they respond." - Dr.
Scott Menary