[Xapian-discuss] how to enable debugging

Matteo Zandi matteo.zandi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 23:11:25 GMT 2012

Ciao,

sorry for the silly question, but how do you enable debugging in
xapian? I'm using xapian-tpcsrc and would like it to print debugging
info (connections, queries, etc).

I'm configuring xapian 1.2.8 on OSX with "./configure
--enable-debug-verbose", then

$ export XAPIAN_DEBUG_FLAGS=-1
$ export XAPIAN_DEBUG_LOG=test.log
$ sudo xapian-tcpsrv /path/to/db --port 972
Starting server on port 972
Listening...
Connection from 127.0.0.1, port 48102
Connection from 127.0.0.1, port 48358
Got exception NetworkError: Received EOF (context: /path/to/db)
Closing connection.
Connection from 127.0.0.1, port 48614
Got exception NetworkError: Received EOF (context: /path/to/db)
Closing connection.

The client can connect and make queries but I can't find the expected test.log.

I read NEWS and HACKING but they seem to have conflicting information

Thanks,
Matteo

PS: what are those NetworkError exceptions?