[Xapian-discuss] php bindings won't build with MAMP

Mark Grandi markgrandi at gmail.com
Fri May 18 00:29:09 BST 2012

Hello, I'm trying to build the xapian bindings to use with php, i've
installed using MAMP to make it easier to set up the apache/php/myssql
stuff (http://www.mamp.info/en/mamp/index.html), but when I try to
configure the bindings, i get this:

configure: error: '/usr/bin/php-config --includes' reports
'-I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/include/php
-I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/include/php/main
-I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/include/php/TSRM
-I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/include/php/Zend
-I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/include/php/ext
-I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.3.6/include/php/ext/date/lib' but zend.h
can't be included from there

I made it so its using the php-configure from MAMP, so its reporting the
correct paths, those paths did not exist, but I downloaded the header files
for the correct php version and stuck them in there, but its still claiming
it can't find them. I've tried a lot of things and nothing work =(

I read this blog post:
http://blog.geertvd.be/2011/04/15/using-xapian-on-os-x-with-mamp/ but he
doesn't list a solution, other then just use php 5.2 (which i really don't
want to do since i'm using some features that are only in 5.3)

Any ideas? ~Mark