[Xapian-discuss] php bindings won't build with MAMP

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri May 18 15:23:44 BST 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 06:07:58AM -0700, Mark Grandi wrote:
> I'll mess with this later, For now I just compiled it on my linux box and
> it all went smoothly. However, in phpinfo, it says that the xapian compiled
> version is 1.2.10, but the linked version is 1.2.8...I used both the latest
> versions of the bindings/core from teh website (1.2.10), so why the
> inconsistency in phpinfo?

You probably have a system install of xapian-core 1.2.8, which is
getting picked up from /usr/lib in preference to the 1.2.10 you
installed (which would be in /usr/local/lib if you didn't specify a
different prefix).

I'd guess you're running Ubuntu 12.04, as that has xapian-core 1.2.8
and it gets installed by default on Ubuntu.