[Xapian-discuss] xapian-replicate errors

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Nov 26 19:09:10 GMT 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 03:48:24PM +0100, Denis Brækhus wrote:
> After 3+ days of replication things seem to be working swimmingly thus
> far. Thanks!

Thanks for the further confirmation.

> Will this bugfix be propagated through to the official debian packages
> (wheezy), or should I take action somehow to get that ball rolling?

It's already backported to the 1.2 branch, so should appear in 1.2.13
and get packaged when that does.

Wheezy is frozen and it's unlikely I could persuade the release managers
to include a fix like this right now (it would have to at least qualify
for severity important, which is "a bug which has a major effect on the
usability of a package, without rendering it completely unusable to
everyone"), but I'll start doing backported packages once wheezy is
released and wheezy-backports opens.  It might also be possible to
get an updated package into wheezy after it has been released.

I may wait until wheezy releases before uploading 1.2.13 to Debian
though, as currently I can upload fixes for severity important bugs
aimed at wheezy via unstable.  Details are here:

http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html

So probably your best option is to stick with your custom packages for
now.  If you numbered it < 1.2.12-2 then keep an eye on upgrades in case
there's a 1.2.12-2 pushed to wheezy to fix something else before the
release (or perhaps pin those packages for now).  If it's 1.2.12-999 or
similar, then you should be fine.