[Xapian-discuss] Google Code-In 2012

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Mon Oct 29 10:48:52 GMT 2012

On 25 Oct 2012, at 05:37, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> In order to make it worth applying, I think we need to find out if
> we can actually provide the mentoring required.  The contest covers
> the holiday period (I'm likely to be away for a week or two of it
> myself) so my thought is to have someone "on call" for each day.  If any
> tasks can only be mentored by a subset of mentors, then we need to take
> that into account too (e.g. by withdrawing them when none of those
> mentors are available).

I'm certainly happy to cover parts of the period; the problem is going to be Christmas itself, where I'm likely to be in the middle of Wales with a very limited Internet connection if any. Probably only for about five days, but that time could still cause a significant problem for us I guess.

James

--
 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org