[Xapian-discuss] Converting MySQL database to Xapian

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Fri Apr 26 14:22:58 BST 2013

On 26 Apr 2013, at 14:12, Michael Lewis <mal at icginc.com> wrote:

> My first question is: On ServerY and the Web Server how do I set-up Xapian for access. In the PHP code do I have to actually know where the databases are located or is that the function of some kind of stub database? In an ideal world the stub database file would contain a xapian db segment name and a host address and port where the actual segment resides.

Michael, you should check out:

 * http://xapian.org/docs/remote.html (remote backend documentation)
 * http://xapian.org/docs/overview.html#specifying-a-database (talks about stub databases, which you'll want to use with the remote backend)

We don't have a topic doc or HOWTO on this as far as I'm aware, which we probably should have. I've added it to the missing documentation list, so at least it's captured.

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org