[Xapian-discuss] Contribute in the Xapian project throgh GSoC.

Shreedhar Pawar shreedhar22 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 07:34:49 GMT 2014

Hi everyone,
My name is Shreedhar Pawar. I am a Software Engineering  MS student from
San Jose State University. I have an immense interest in Information
Retrieval and Machine Learning and look forward to contribute Xapian in its
 "Ranking project". My previous work includes a research paper(attached
below), though not related to this topic represents my experience in
Programming and algorithms(I had proposed a novel Image Segmentation
algorithm for Parallel hardware that boosted getting depths of objects in
 an image).

I  think that I would be able to contribute in the Learning to Rank and the
Cluster Analysis algorithms. Having studied it in my undergrad, I have a
deep understanding of support vector machines, supervised and unsupervised
learning and have implemented codes in Matlab and Python in my lab work.

Other than that I am a regular C++ programmer and a linux user. Also very
familiar with the OSS community, having contributed in the OpenCL(a
Parallel computing language)  AMD forums.

 I am hoping to make use of the SoC program to get some mentoring regarding
the xapian project and hopefully become a contributor to the Search Engine
library.

Cheers...!