[Xapian-discuss] Contribute in the Xapian project throgh GSoC.

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Mar 16 09:16:40 GMT 2014

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 12:34:49AM -0700, Shreedhar Pawar wrote:
> I  think that I would be able to contribute in the Learning to Rank and the
> Cluster Analysis algorithms. Having studied it in my undergrad, I have a
> deep understanding of support vector machines, supervised and unsupervised
> learning and have implemented codes in Matlab and Python in my lab work.

Hi Shreedhar,

Thanks for introducing yourself.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend reading our guide to GSoC, which
should help with the next steps:

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoC%20Guide

While you're welcome to submit multiple proposals based on different
project ideas, we'd generally recommend you focus on one, unless you
have a lot of spare time before the submission deadline.