GSoC 2016

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Mon Feb 15 00:10:11 GMT 2016

On 14 Feb 2016, at 11:35, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> * Refreshing the list of project ideas.  I've done some cleaning up,
>   but the better the breadth and depth of ideas we have, the more
>   likely we are to be selected:
>
>   https://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoCProjectIdeas

I’ll take a look and have a further think.

I think it’s worth making the LTR project proposal even more specific: to clear up and incorporate all worthwhile code from 2014 with a copyright-clean codebase (I’ve looked at this in the past, but then got distracted; I think I could explain it to someone and help them work through it, but I’ve set aside some time later this week to write up what I think needs doing in more detail). That should, as previously discussed (and as currently in the proposal), include tests and some examples to help tighten the API.

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org