GSoC 2016

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Feb 29 23:05:03 GMT 2016

Google Summer of Code wrote:
| "Congratulations! Xapian Search Engine Library has been selected as a
| Google Summer of Code 2016 mentor organization."

>  * Identifying potential mentors.  Every idea on the list should have at
>    least one suitable potential mentor attached.
>
>    If you're interested in acting as a mentor for one of the ideas
>    there, please update the page.

The process for signing up as a mentor in Google's system is different
this year.  An org admin has to invite mentors via the website by
specifying email addresses.

So if you're interested in mentoring but haven't said anything yet,
please come and talk to me or James (we're "org admins" in GSoC terms).

I would especially encourage previous GSoC students to consider
mentoring - you'll have a good understanding of how GSoC works, and it's
a great way to continue involvement in the project.  You don't need to
be able to answer every question a student might ask to be able to
usefully help with mentoring, you just need to know where to look or who
to ask.