Xapian 1.4.0 released

Kevin Duraj kevin.duraj at zefr.com
Sat Jul 23 03:19:43 BST 2016

James,

I would like to propose to change the following code while indexing a
term that is larger than 245 characters and then crashing and aborting
the entire index, we could rather truncate the term to 245 characters
and continue with indexing.

if (tname.size() > MAX_SAFE_TERM_LENGTH) throw
Xapian::InvalidArgumentError("Term too long (> "
STRINGIZE(MAX_SAFE_TERM_LENGTH) "): " + tname);

Reference:
https://github.com/xapian/xapian/blob/e3692bff7b7c25c8e09536889d5884d033199f36/xapian-core/backends/glass/glass_database.cc#L1083-L1084