Xapian 1.4.0 released

Kevin Duraj kevin.duraj at zefr.com
Mon Jul 25 21:48:02 BST 2016

Now imagine my situation and probably others too, when we are working
with big data. I select 1 billion of YouTube videos, and then I index
it with Xapian. Now a kid uploads Pokemon video and for some reason,
the kid keeps pressing a single key on the keyboard until the term
become 500 characters long (e.g., EEEEEEE).

Xapian index is running and after it has indexed 500 million
documents, suddenly come to the kid Pokemon video with 500 characters
long term in the description and Xapian will stop the entire index,
saying that "Term too long > 245."

I think, a log file with a warning would be sufficient stating the
document id, the term that is too long. Of course, I can fix it by
myself and check every terms length, but that will add more overhead
to big data computing.