problem with bindings configure script

John Bankert jbankert at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 18:10:24 BST 2016

Olly,

I think the confdefs.h issue was due to the fact that I was using
XAPIAN_CONFIG to point to the configure script, rather than the
xapian_config executable created when making xapian_core, as pointed out by
James.

Also, as a general note, when trying to make the bindings, I had a problem
when make was trying to compile the java source in org/xapian

The following line:

$(JAVAC) $(JAVACFLAGS) -classpath $(srcdir)$(JAVA_PATHSEP). -d . $<

generated the following error javac: no source files

Some experimentation on my part led me to change the Makefile to read

$(JAVAC) $(JAVACFLAGS) -classpath $(srcdir) -d . $<

and I was able to successfully make the bindings. Haven't had a chance to
run any samples yet, but wanted to follow up on this. Thanks again for your
help.

John