problem with bindings configure script

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 12 23:31:44 BST 2016

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 11:07:10AM -0400, John Bankert wrote:
> That worked, thanks, but with a caveat. I don't know if this is a
> limitation of autoconf/configure, but jni.h wants to include jni_md.h,
> which is located in JNI_INCLUDE_DIR/win32, which is not automatically
> searched. I was able to work around this by moving jni_md.h from the win32
> sub directory to the same directory as jni.h. No idea who's bug this is, if
> it is legitimately a bug, but putting this tidbit out to the list in case
> someone other than me runs up against it.

Ah, that's easy to fix then.

The jni_md.h file contains platform-specific stuff, and the name of the
directory it is in varies by platform (though oddly not by architecture
- e.g. it seems to be "linux" for all Linux architectures, whether they
are 32- or 64-bit, despite part of its purpose being to provide typedefs
for jint, jlong, etc).

So we just need to include cygwin in the mapping to "win32" here.
Committed to git master in 633b04159966c376e3ac60c05081a58716959685 -
I will backport that to 1.4.x and 1.2.x.

Copying jni_md.h should be fine as a workaround for now.

However, this doesn't seem to explain the messages about "confdefs.h"
- do you still see messages like these having copied jni_md.h over?