Xapian 1.4.5 "Db block overwritten - are there multiple writers?" with Glass

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Mar 5 21:48:52 GMT 2018

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 08:52:47PM +0100, Sylvain Taverne wrote:
> I've remarked the error occur when i'm trying to get stored values from a
> database with a lot of stored values. I can reproduce the error with simple
> python2 script i've posted on github
>
>     https://github.com/staverne/xapian_test
>     https://github.com/staverne/xapian_test/blob/master/test_xapian.py
>
> The script always works with Chert backend but sometimes fail with Glass
> backend.

Thanks, that's brilliant - I can reproduce with glass which means I should
be able to pin down the cause (though it's likely to take a while as it
took about 45 minutes to fail).

> It look's like the error report here:
>
>     https://lists.xapian.org/pipermail/xapian-discuss/2017-May/009525.html

Yes, it seems likely it's the same problem.  I don't think we heard
anything beyond the end of that thread for that case though.