Fwd: GoXapian

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Nov 11 23:10:12 GMT 2018

On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 09:04:23PM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> Dave Courtois wrote:
> > Hi there just a little word to tell you that Xapian 1.4.6 work in
> > Golang 1.9. There is some issue with the MSet ESet, the namespace part
> > of the name is drop by swig. There is also some error with define
> > macro in .i files, but with minor change all work perfectly.

I had a look and I think that at least the macro changes are only needed
because the golang branch hasn't been updated for ages.

SWIG has a "%nspace" feature to support wrapping namespaces, but it
isn't implemented for Go yet.  However, Xapian's C++ API doesn't make
much use of namespaces beyond the top-level Xapian namespace, and I'd
expect in Go that the Go package name would fulfil the same purpose
as the C++ namespace name - i.e. C++ Xapian::MSet -> Go xapian.MSet
and so on.

I've merged the current RELEASE/1.4 branch into the golang branch and
pushed it (really it'd be better to work against git master as that's
where this would need to be merged first, but it's probably easier for
you to test in your setup working from RELEASE/1.4 branch).