Fwd: GoXapian

Dave Courtois dave.courtois60 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 02:51:09 GMT 2018

Hi Olly,
I setup the environment for the golang branch  and build it without
problem. Cgo complain about the generated cc file and dosent regonize it as
swig generated file... curious. There no more problem with the MSet and
ESet and all class seem to be generated in Go correctly. I will try
tomorrow to manually invoke swig over your .i file and see if the code is
generated properly. The file generate-go-execption seem to be for python,
is it part of the go binding? I see there is xapian_gc.cc I hope that will
work, it's be welcome to not  have to manage memory allocation manually.  I
will try to make it work tomorrow, it's late here. It's a good starting
point. I know Xapian can work well in go, so it's only a matter of time
before I made your version pass the test.

have a good night.
 Dave