xapian parser bug?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Sep 30 10:20:39 BST 2018

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 09:50:30AM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> Note that I'm using 1.4.7, and from your output I believe you're not
> (the * in the query description I believe doesn't happen in those
> situations any more).

1.4.4 and later eliminate redundant 0 scaling factors, but this one
isn't actually redundant:

> > Query(((Tmail AND 0 * XSUBJECTnot at 1) AND_NOT (((Kspam OR Kdeleted) OR Kmuted) OR Kbad-address)))

If it was on the right-hand side of AND_NOT it would be eliminated
(because the right-hand side doesn't contribute any weight anyway).

FWIW, I also couldn't reproduce this (I tried with quest and 1.4.7):

$ quest -psubject:S -fdefault,boolean_any_case 'subject:"and"'
Parsed Query: Query(Sand at 1)