set_max_expansion in perl-bindings?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Nov 16 23:24:54 GMT 2020

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 07:07:08PM +0100, Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> Adam writes:
>
> > I've just noticed that set_max_wildcard_expansion() has been removed in
> > favour of set_max_expansion() in Xapian.
> >
> > Has the new method been added to the Perl-bindings?
>
> Oh, it's there, but only for Xapian 1.5.0+:?
>
>   void
>   QueryParser::set_max_wildcard_expansion(termcount limit)
>       CODE:
>   #if XAPIAN_AT_LEAST(1,5,0)
>           THIS->set_max_expansion(limit,
>                                   Xapian::Query::WILDCARD_LIMIT_ERROR,
>                                   Xapian::QueryParser::FLAG_WILDCARD);
>   #else
>           THIS->set_max_wildcard_expansion(limit);
>   #endif
>
>     - QueryParser.xs

No, that's allowing Search::Xapian to build against current git master
of xapian-core - the Perl method is still named
Search::Xapian::QueryParser::set_max_wildcard_expansion() but calls the
replacement C++ method when built with xapian-core >= 1.5.0 (which is
what git master reports itself as).

> I could only find a tarball of the latest Search::Xapian, but no
> repository?

It's on the svn/1.2 branch of our git repo, in the search-xapian
subdirectory (I plead "historical reasons").