set_max_expansion in perl-bindings?

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Mon Nov 16 18:07:08 GMT 2020

Adam writes:

> I've just noticed that set_max_wildcard_expansion() has been removed in
> favour of set_max_expansion() in Xapian.
>
> Has the new method been added to the Perl-bindings?

Oh, it's there, but only for Xapian 1.5.0+:?

  void
  QueryParser::set_max_wildcard_expansion(termcount limit)
      CODE:
  #if XAPIAN_AT_LEAST(1,5,0)
          THIS->set_max_expansion(limit,
                                  Xapian::Query::WILDCARD_LIMIT_ERROR,
                                  Xapian::QueryParser::FLAG_WILDCARD);
  #else
          THIS->set_max_wildcard_expansion(limit);
  #endif

    - QueryParser.xs

Hm, why doesn't it then work for me on Ubuntu 18.04 libxapian 1.4.5,
Search::Xapian 1.2.25.

Ah, perhaps it was added between 1.2.25.0 (in Ubuntu 18.04) and 1.2.25.2
(latest).

I could only find a tarball of the latest Search::Xapian, but no
repository?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I can do without honey, for a while                       Adam Sjøgren
  By the end of the summer, I get tired"               asjo at koldfront.dk