set_max_expansion in perl-bindings?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Nov 17 04:54:48 GMT 2020

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 07:10:32PM +0100, Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> Olly writes:
>
> > I had a quick look and I think this is because Search::Xapian is still
> > maintained on the 1.2 branch, and uses a list of the C++ exceptions
> > from xapian-core 1.2.x.  This exception is thrown as WildcardError,
> > which was added since 1.2.x, so it isn't identified specifically and
> > the fallback message "something terrible happened" is used instead.
>
> Thanks for the explanation, that makes much more sense than what I was
> vaguely imagining :-)
>
> Sounds like I will just modify the test and be happy.

I've adding the missing exceptions and a testcase (that reproduces your
bug and confirms this change fixes it), and made a new Search::Xapian
1.2.25.3 release.  I've uploaded it to CPAN (might take a little while
to be available from there) and our website.

That won't change what's in the Ubuntu repos for 18.04 though, so you
probably do need to modify your testcase for now.