xapian-check - bad table code error

Sam Pearson sam at mysociety.org
Tue Jan 26 08:43:53 GMT 2021

Hi,

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 at 19:28, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 04:01:19PM +0000, Sam Pearson wrote:
> > So it seems that the index is OK, but something is amiss with the
> changeset
> > files; I'd really appreciate any help on why this might be, or where to
> > look to troubleshoot further.
>
> Are you running a version < 1.4.15?

Yes - this is running on Debian Stretch using the version from backports,
which is 1.4.11 (also the version shipped with Buster I think).

> There was a bug in the code to check replication changesets which was
> fixed in 1.4.15:
>
> | * Database::check(): Fix checking of replication changesets.  This
> |   reverts a change incorrectly made in 1.3.7.
>
> If this is the cause then it's a false report and your changeset files
> are very likely totally fine.

Thanks, that does sound promising Apologies -  I didn't spot this when
checking for bugs fixed.

I'll see about building some new packages to test this.

Cheers,
>     Olly

Regards,
Sam