xapian-check - bad table code error

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jan 27 04:58:49 GMT 2021

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 08:43:53AM +0000, Sam Pearson wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 at 19:28, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> > Are you running a version < 1.4.15?
>
> Yes - this is running on Debian Stretch using the version from backports,
> which is 1.4.11 (also the version shipped with Buster I think).

It is.

I'm currently working on getting 1.4.18 packaged and uploaded (bindings
still in progress) and I can also provide that for buster-backports and
stretch-backports-sloppy.

(For stretch-backports proper it has to come from buster itself, so
there's a clean upgrade path from stretch+stretch-backports to buster
without backports - the -sloppy pockets relax this requirement and
guarantee, which should be fine if you're happy to keep backports
enabled when upgrading to a new release.)