A corrupt index

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Wed Nov 24 14:15:08 GMT 2021

Olly writes:

>>     xapian-check: DatabaseError: inflate failed (invalid distance too far back)

> That's saying the zlib-compressed content is invalid.

I was thinking that xapian-compact would write an index with valid
content, but maybe the corruption in the original index tricked it.

> Before investing a lot more effort into this, you could rename
[...]

I decided to give regenerating the index from scratch a go - I started
it during the weekend, and it looks like it is "only" going to take
around a week in total.

So rather than wasting more of your time trying to decorrupt-at-a-
distance, I will switch over to a new, freshly created glass index,
hopefully later this week.

Thanks for all the guidance and suggestions!

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Yeah, in all those cloudy hours                           Adam Sjøgren
  When the demons seize my brain"                      asjo at koldfront.dk