Xapian::Termiterator is not working the way it used to with perl

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 13 04:48:26 BST 2021

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 02:44:12AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> In particular the COMPATIBILITY section should answer all your questions
> about stringification changes.

There's also technical background as to what blocks us implementing
stringification when using SWIG (at least currently) here:

https://github.com/swig/swig/issues/1771

As I mentioned there, longer term I'm hoping to add back stringification
to our SWIG-generated perl bindings, but have it consistently call
get_description() for all objects which have such a method.