Release plans

Eric Wong e at 80x24.org
Wed Mar 8 22:48:59 GMT 2023

Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> The current plan for the next release series includes relicensing
> the C++ libxapian library in xapian-core as MPL.  The remaining
> blockers for this are:
>
> * adding update support to the new honey backend (to replace glass)

Just wondering if there's docs on what improvements users can
expect from honey.  Mainly smaller size?

I'm pretty happy with glass :>  But I still use SQLite for big,
"all results" type sorts.

> I know at least one major user of Xapian has been using builds based
> on git master for several years so it's already seen real-world use.

Wow, that's honey even w/o update support?  I can't fathom
rewriting a large DB multiple times a day.

Anyways, thanks again for Xapian!