[Xapian-devel] Re: Java Bindings on a Mac

John Schult schulty at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 02:37:41 GMT 2007

On 2/9/07, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> It also seems that /Library/Java/Extensions/ is the appropriate place to
> install rather than /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Libraries/
> (presumably the latter is for stuff which is shipped with the JVM).

1. configure --with-java worked fine...

2. make ran fine

3. I defined DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH as <full_path_to>/java/built and ran
make check.  It was successful.

4. I undefined  DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and copied
java/built/libxapian_jni.jnilib to /Library/Java/Extensions/.  A make
check was successful.

Looks like you can set the install path to /Library/Java/Extensions.
Thanks and glad I could help out :)

++john