[Xapian-devel] GSOC 2011 : Weighting Schemes and Matcher Optimisations

Santiago Pina Ros santiago.pina1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:05:04 GMT 2011

Hello,

My name is Santiago Pina and I am currently studying two BSc(Hon)
simultaneously ; one in Computer Science and the other in Mathematics as
part of a pilot project at Universidad de Murcia. I am very excited to
contribute in open source community through the platform of Google Summer of
Code 2011.  I was interested in the Weighting Schemes project and in the
Matcher Optimisations project, since I have almost 2 years experience with
C++ and a strong mathematical knowledge.  I have very good knowledge about
algorithms and data structures and it drove me to a silver medal at the 2010
South-western Europe Regional Contest (ACM ICPC) . I am very interested in
search engine projects, since I worked in a small project about web search
engine with University of Murcia. I know I have to much to learn but I feel
ready to work hard and that is why I want to colaborate whith Xapian
 through GSoC 2011.I don´t know if the  Matcher Optimisations project will
be to dificult for me, but I would like to try it and learn as much as it
possible. Can anybody help me deciding to wich project  should  I apply?

Pleasure to meet everyone,

Santiago