[Xapian-devel] Getting Started with Xapian Socket codebase

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Mar 10 06:20:53 GMT 2013

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 12:04:37AM +0530, Ankit Bhatnagar wrote:
> Quite recently, I have been working on the project idea - Replacing Xapian
> socket code with ZeroMQ. This is to inquire about what do I do next?

You don't say what you've done so far, but if you haven't already, I'd
suggest reading up on ZeroMQ, and looking at the existing code in Xapian
(which is mostly in xapian-core/net/).

> Is there some documentation for the Socket codebase that I can use as a
> reference or any open tickets/patches, that I can work on?

The remote backend protocol and replication protocol are documented
here:

http://xapian.org/docs/remote_protocol.html
http://xapian.org/docs/replication_protocol.html

The socket-related tickets I am aware of are:

http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/374
http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/546