Problem with configuring Xapian

Amanda Jayanetti amandajayanetti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 12:26:36 BST 2016

Hi all,

> It would be better to use the XO_LIB_XAPIAN macro provided by
> xapian-core instead of writing your own code to probe for
> xapian-config.
>
> Everything from line 3 to line 18 of your current configure.ac could be
> replaced with just:
>
> XO_LIB_XAPIAN
>
> If you've installed xapian-core then the macro should just be
> found automatically.

I specified XAPIAN_CONFIG as James instructed by running,

 ./configure XAPIAN_CONFIG=path/to/xapian-config-1.3

I have installed all the dependencies specified in xapian-core HACKING file
including libtool. But I still get the following error when XO_LIB_XAPIAN
is added to configure.ac,

configure.ac:3: error: defn: undefined macro: LT_INIT
aclocal.m4:43: XO_LIB_XAPIAN is expanded from...
configure.ac:3: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

Could anyone tell me what I might be missing?

Best regards,
Amanda